How to support
Click on the links below to access the Assessment Calendar and Year Guides for Assessment Information that will help you work with your son/daughter.
For more information on assessment and progress reports please see the Assessment and Progress Reports page.READMORE
Joining Wheatley Park from Primary School
We understand that moving from Primary to Secondary school can be a daunting prospect. At Wheatley Park we want to take away some of the worries and make the transition as easy as possible both for parents and students.
To help us to do this we have developed a set of transition events which will give you time to get used to us and answer all of those nagging doubts and queries.
By 31st October 2014
Parents/carers complete and return choices form to the Local Authority. This can be done online.
2nd March 2015
Acceptance letters to parents/carers, email if you applied online offering a school place.
Mid March 2015
You will receive a letter of welcome from the headteacher Ms Curtis.
During May and June 2015
Your child will be visited at their primary school by Mr Clarke the head of Lower School and your new Head of Year.
If your child has SEND they will be invited for a range of additional ‘moving up’ events to help them to settle into Wheatley Park.
May - July
If your child is coming to Wheatley Park with less than 4 other students from their current school they will be invited to a range of ‘moving up in small numbers ’ events to help them to settle into Wheatley Park.
25th June Top Link Primary Sports Festival
2nd and 3rd July 2015 Induction Days
New Year 7 students spend two days in school. Arrive in school before 8:30am. School ends at 3:00pm. Students to wear their primary school uniform.
New Year 7 students will come to a home/ school meeting at Wheatley Park with their parent/ carer. This meeting is vital for establishing the close home/ school links that will support students through their secondary education. It will give us a chance to get to know each student as an individual and hear more of their achievements. We will make write to each family with the details of the meeting.
September 2015 Start of Term 1
Only New Year 7 and Year 10 student in school on the first day to help them settle into their new school.
Applying for a school place can leave you confused and raise many questions. The Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) ‘Starting School’ pages will help you with everything from advice on choosing a school, help with the Online Application Process through to available transport routes serving the schools.READMORE
Safeguarding: information for parents
- Our school recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
- We have put together this booklet to give you some information about how we meet our safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. We have also included some tips to help you to keep your child safe.
- Our designated people for safeguarding pupils are: Mr A Greenhalgh, Mr J Staddon, Mr J Clark and Mrs C Whiteley.
- If you have any questions about this booklet, or our safeguarding pupils policy please contact any of the above.
We help to keep pupils safe by:
- having an up to date safeguarding pupils policy
- having other safeguarding policies, such as anti-bullying and internet safety
- checking the suitability of all our staff to work with children
- encouraging pupils to tell us if something is wrong
- adhering to health and safety regulations
- training all our staff to recognise and respond to child welfare concerns
- appointing designated people who has additional training in child protection
- working in partnership with parents and carers
- sharing information with appropriate agencies if we have concerns
- managing and supporting our staff team
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OR WELFARE OF YOUR CHILD, OR A
CHILD YOU KNOW, YOU SHOULD ACT WITHOUT DELAY.
UPDATE SEP 2015 - We are aware from our suppliers SWI, that there are 27 outstanding orders for uniform. SWI are working hard to fulfill all orders, but it is likely that your order may not arrive in time for the start of the new year. As a result, we encourage parents to contact the school who has a limited supply of new uniform in stock. Alternatively, we ask that parents consider purchasing similar items from retail outlets (Asda, M&S etc.) to be worn until your order is fulfilled by SWI. We apologise for the inconvenience caused.
All uniform orders need to be placed directly with the schools supplier SWI Schoolwear (Sportswear International), preferably online, rather than through the school itself.
There are a number of benefits by ordering direct. As well as allowing you to order online and arranging the delivery to your home, your workplace or to your son/daughter in school, you can also place orders using debit/credit cards. We also provide support to those parents/carers who wish to pay in cash - please visit Reception, where we also hold samples of uniform in school so that you can check sizes.
You can find out more about uniform orders by clicking on the link here which will take you to our uniform supplier SWIs website. You will need to register (once only) and then you will be able to place orders on-line. Alternatively you can download and use the pdf order form here.
Orders placed over the Summer 2015 Holiday will continue to be processed by SWI. The preferred method for placing orders is online via SWIs website.
Over the holiday period, in order to ensure that your son or daughter has his/her uniform by the start of the new term, and to allow time for delivery and refunds, orders must be placed by the following deadlines:
For Home delivery, orders must be placed directly with SWI by the 14th August 2015
For deliveries into school, orders must be placed directly with SWI by the 4th August and collected from school during the holidays on Thursday 13th August, when have made arrangements for staff to to be available to hand over your order.
Exchanges are no longer possible, but a refund can be obtained on any orders which are returned to SWI within 30 days, unworn and in their original packaging.
If you have any queries or problems please contact the Student Reception or email here