Safeguarding: information for parents
- Our school recognises our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of pupils. We will endeavour to provide a safe and welcoming environment where children are respected and valued. We will be alert to the signs of abuse and neglect and will follow our procedures to ensure that children receive effective support, protection and justice.
- We have put together this booklet to give you some information about how we meet our safeguarding and child protection responsibilities. We have also included some tips to help you to keep your child safe.
- Our designated people for safeguarding pupils are: Mr A Greenhalgh and Mrs C Whiteley.
- If you have any questions about this booklet, or our safeguarding pupils policy please contact any of the above.
We help to keep pupils safe by:
- having an up to date safeguarding pupils policy
- having other safeguarding policies, such as anti-bullying and internet safety
- checking the suitability of all our staff to work with children
- encouraging pupils to tell us if something is wrong
- adhering to health and safety regulations
- training all our staff to recognise and respond to child welfare concerns
- appointing designated people who has additional training in child protection
- working in partnership with parents and carers
- sharing information with appropriate agencies if we have concerns
- managing and supporting our staff team
IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OR WELFARE OF YOUR CHILD, OR A
CHILD YOU KNOW, YOU SHOULD ACT WITHOUT DELAY.
Uniform Order Form
All uniform orders need to be placed directly with the schools supplier SWI Schoolwear (Sportswear International), preferably online, rather than the school itself.
There are a number of benefits by ordering direct. As well as allowing you to order online and arranging the delivery to your home, your workplace or to your child in school, you can also place orders using debit/credit cards. We also provide support to those parents/carers who wish to pay in cash - please visit Reception, where we also hold samples of uniform in school so that you can check sizes.
You can find out more about uniform orders by clicking on the link here which will take you to our uniform supplier SWIs website. You will need to register (once only) and then you will be able to place orders on line. Or alternatively you can download and use the pdf order form here.
Orders placed over the Summer 2014 Holiday will continue to be processed by SWI. The preferred method for placing orders is online via SWIs website.
Over the holiday period, in order to ensure that your son or daughter has his/her uniform by the start of the new term, and to allow time for delivery and exchanges orders must be placed by the following deadlines:
For Home delivery, orders must be placed directly with SWI by the 12th August 2014
For deliveries into school, orders must be placed directly with SWI by the 12th August 2014 and collected from school during the holidays on Friday 15th August only, when we have made arrangements for staff to to be available to hand over your order.
Exchanges need to be directed to SWI and can take up to 10 working days from the date of return. Wherever possible, please return any items to SWI in the original packaging.
If you have any queries or problems please contact the Student Reception or email hereREADMORE